In addition to paying manually by mail, we offer three kinds of payments:
Online Paperless Bill Payment
- Our online bill payment program is a convenient, paperless option for customers.
Payment by Phone
- If you wish to make a credit card payment over the phone, you can call our office Monday through Friday. We will charge your credit card at that time. We will email you a notification of your payment or give you a confirmation number over the phone.
- If you wish to use automatic payment, you can complete the appropriate form, please contact customer service for the appropriate form. The credit card will be charged for the balance due on the due date of your current statement.
Payment & Billing FAQs
Q: What is a proration?
- Because services are pre-paid, if you start service after our billing date, your first invoice will show a pro-ration from the day you started to the date of the next billing date.
Q: What is a "scavenger service charge?"
- This is the trash disposal charge for the billing cycle.
Q: What is a "Processing Fee"?
- S.B.C. Flood Waste Solutions Inc. is committed to providing high-quality service. We are constantly working to provide exceptional service at an economical price. The Processing Fee is established at $2.50 per invoice. This cost is to cover administrative process and payment. If you have additional questions, please contact customer service at the telephone number listed on our website.
Q: What is an "Administration Fee"?
- The Administration Fee is established at $5.00 per invoice and is charged only when your balance is past due over 60 days. Customers who pay their bills in a timely fashion will not be charged this fee. If you have additional questions, please contact Customer Care at the telephone number listed on our website.
Q: Why am I getting charged a City Permit Fee?
- It is a fee from the City of Chicago that will appear on a bill every 3 months (January, April, July, and October). This fee started in April of 2009.
Q: What is the "Fuel/Environmental Recovery Fee"?
- We work hard to contain costs. However, we are unable to control fuel and environmental expenses. The Fuel Recovery Fee and Environmental Recovery Fee are charges to recover these costs and achieve an acceptable operating margin. The two separate fees appear as a single invoice line item called “Fuel/Environmental Recovery Fee.”
- The amount of the environmental fee is not represented to be a direct offset of S.B.C. Flood Waste Solutions’ actual environmental costs to service any individual account. Instead, the fee is intended to address S.B.C. Flood Waste Solutions’ overall costs, which may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Commodity value, processing, handling and related costs
- Permit and license compliance
- Landfilling / Transferring
- Title V Air
- Federal, State, and Local Regulations
- Environmental Insurance and Surety Bonds
- Tire disposal
- Battery disposal
- Employee training and certification